Volnay 2018 Domaine Dubreuil Fontaine
First, located in the Côte de Beaune, Domaine Dubreuil-Fontaine is a family owned Domaine for more than 140 years.
Indeed, they use the noble grape varieties of Chardonnay and Pinot noir to make up its wide range of 22 appellations. It starts from the fruity Bourgogne, to the lively village, from the prestigious Premier cru to the rare Grand Cru.
Importantly, its vineyards cover the villages of: Pernand-Vergelesses, Aloxe-Corton and Savigny Les Beaune, Pommard, Beaune and Volnay.
Last, Christine Dubreuil is a fifth-generation winemaker and owner of this Domaine located in Pernand-Vergelesses.
Her wines are elegant, charming, and delicious.
- Tasting Notes: At first Volnay has a sustained ruby colour and beautiful brilliance. Then, delicate aromatics of cherries and redcurrants, well developed and extremely pleasant. Overall, the palate presents a silky flesh, beautiful tannins. They are well-balanced and will permit this wine to age.
- Serving temperature: 16°C.
- Ageing Potential: Drinking well now. Cellaring potential: Conserve 2 to 5 years.
- Age of the Vines: 45 years
- Vintage: Hand harvested.
- Wine making : 100% destemmed fruit. Traditional winemaking in thermo-regulated stainless steel vats. Twice daily punching. 15-day fermentation.
- Ageing : 15 months in oak casks. 20% new oak.